With Product Analytics, now you can see the profitability insights of each product in your store: from revenue, net profit, profit margin to Facebook ad spend attributed to a particular product.
What can you learn from these insights?
- Which products are actually more profitable.
- Which products come with greater cost.
- Which products should be promoted more extensively.
- Which products are actually wasting money.
For example, item A seems to earn more revenue but also spends a lot on ads. Product Analytics can help you decide whether to keep scaling it up or focus on item B which has larger profit margin.
How to set up
If you've already set up COGS, you've come halfway.
Now you need to assign your products to their corresponding Facebook & Google campaigns, in order to get the ad spend of individual products. Here's how:
- In Product Analytics, copy the product ID.
- Go to Facebook/Google Ads manager, rename the corresponding campaigns so that they contain the ID, wrapped in square brackets: [YOUR_PRODUCT_ID]. Eg,. Awesome Product Name - 
- Come back to TrueProfit app, go to Facebook/Google Ads in Cost settings. Under Manage Ads Accounts, click on Synchronize again.
Pro tips: To handle multiple Facebook campaigns, use Name and Find & replace functions.
Now check Product Analytics again. You should by now see the ad spend pulled in, as well as other number. Click on each product to reveal all metrics.